Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I baked a Cake!!!

It is all about my first "Cake".

It was a beautiful Sunday morning. I played my DS for more than an hour after an eventful breakfast that has red potato involved.

"I do not like any sort of potatoes". I declared.

That statement didn't end quite well. Anyways that is over after I compromised for an apple and a glass of milk. I suddenly got an idea before my Mom could get all sorts of ideas for homework; I decided to help her in the Kitchen. So I marched to the kitchen in my stripped underwear. I took a bowl of water and put some carrots in it and started stirring. When my Mom wondered what kind of cooking am I doing I started stirring what ever was on the stove top. Ammoomma detected the danger that I might burn some important body parts since I am not wearing any cloths. Underwear is some cloth so I didn't agree with her and keep stirring everything on site and made a big mess in the kitchen. That is when my Mom found a box of cake mix for me and asked me to read and execute the recipe. I started to read..

The things I need: 1-1/4 cup of water 1/3 cup of oil. 3 egg whites ..The list continues..

So I shouted, "Give me all these!! Give me all these."

All ignored me and I decided to quit and went upstairs, well no one followed me. So I went back and pestered again finally I got a cup that has measurements and was asked to measure by myself. So I took a vessel and measured the water.

"Now WHAT!" I shouted.

"Read and do it” was the reply I got.

Ok I need oil. An oil jar was placed on the table. I tried to pour it to the measuring cup and pored to the table instead.

"Oh! I am a loser!!!"

I shouted and marched upstairs again.

My Mom cleaned the table. No one seemed to be worried about me, so I went back again. Now I need 3 egg whites.

3 white eggs appeared in a bowl.

I snatched it and ran to the other end..there goes one to the floor.

"plup..". It was broke.

"Oh I broke an egg; I am BAD I am BAD!!".

I shouted and ran upstairs again. When I came back the kitchen floor was cleaned. I started reading again.

"It says pre heat the oven for 350 F !" I shouted.

Mom said "DONE".

And she put the egg whites and the cake mix and the water to a big bowl and let me beat it with the egg beater...after that everything went smooth since she did most of the work.

"Is it ready YET?” I shouted after few minutes.

“You have to wait 30 more minutes” Mom Said.

“How many seconds is that? “

“OK, It is 1800 seconds” .

I thought of counting but decided to keep asking instead. The cake was ready finally. I looked and looked . But where is the frosting? The favorite part is missing from the cake!!

“This is not fare, this is not fare”. I shouted.

“Cakes won’t come with frosting, you put it on after baking” Mom said.

Well, all is well that ends well.

No comments:

Post a Comment